Dr. Barry D. Shapiro is a chiropractor serving Tampa and the surrounding communities. Our chiropractor and the rest of the friendly team at Carrollwood Chiropractic Center are dedicated to chiropractic solutions to target your unique needs, whether you are suffering from back pain, neck pain, headaches, or even just plain old muscular tightness and tension. You may need pain relief after suffering an accident, experiencing an injury, or if you have a specific condition such as chronic back pain or a spinal condition; even if you just want to improve your overall health, our chiropractor can help you achieve your wellness goals!
At your first visit to Carrollwood Chiropractic Center, Dr. Barry D. Shapiro will explain the science behind how chiropractic care works, and give you a full evaluation to see if chiropractic care is right for you. If there is a good fit, we can develop a plan of care that is specific to your condition and health goals.
If you are new to seeing a chiropractor and want to find out more, please Contact us or call 813-962-3608 to receive personalized answers to your questions from our friendly team. We also welcome referrals, so feel free to use the "Send to a Friend" link located at the bottom of every page to share our health information with your friends and loved ones.
If you would like to stay informed about modern chiropractic care or if you want to start receiving free articles about health and wellness news, please subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter, even if you are not a patient. Once you are subscribed, you will be able to explore our member wellness section and take advantage of our animated exercise videos, wellness articles, and other resources.
"Observational study found that low back pain patients receiving chiropractic care, which typically includes spinal manipulation, are more satisfied than those receiving medical care."
-New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Shapiro uses chiropractic care to improve the health and wellness in all areas of patient's lives, whether they are having problems with back pain or neck pain, or just want to start feeling better when they wake up in the morning. Dr. Shapiro takes a "whole person" approach in chiropractic care, which means looking for the underlying causes of disease, discomfort, and pain, as opposed to just treating the symptoms. Many seemingly unrelated symptoms often arise from imbalances in the spinal column, and Dr. Shapiro will be able to determine the root of the pain and create a personalized chiropractic and wellness plan to suit each patient's individual needs. Under the supervision and care of our caring and skilled chiropractor, patients report higher functioning in all areas of their lives.
Dr. Barry D. Shapiro, D.C., P.A. - Director
Tampa Chiropractor | Carrollwood Chiropractic Center | 813-962-3608
13301 Orange Grove Drive, Suite A
Tampa, Florida 33618
* An accomplished Chiropractic Physician
* Initiated and developed a successful Chiropractic Center in the Carrollwood area of Tampa
* Recognized in the Chiropractic health field
* Selected to serve as a Regional Director in a statewide managed care network
* An experienced speaker, having discussed a variety of health care issues before State and National groups, as well as the media
* Exceptional training in modern healthcare, chiropractic techniques, especially in the care of a more athletic and nutritionally conscious society
1979 - Present as the director of the Carrollwood Chiropractic Center in Tampa Florida which provides total family care in the areas of spinal disorders, personal injury, sports injuries, on the job injuries, nutritional evaluation and care, fitness and rehabilitation.
1983 - Present Independent Medical Examination Provider.
1991 - 2002 Member of Florida Division of Worker's Compensation Peer Review Committee.
1998 - Present Director of Operations - Carrollwood Family Medical and Rehabilitation Center, Inc., a multi discipline medically integrated facility providing a wide range of services and professionals for the diverse medical needs of the public.
Education / Special Training
State University of New York Cortland New York 1973 - 1975 - Pre-Medical, Science Studies
New York Chiropractic College 1975 - 1978 - Doctor of Chiropractic Degree
National Chiropractic College / Florida Chiropractic Association - Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
National Chiropractic College - Certified in the Rating of Permanent Impairment based on the AMA Guides
Dr. Shapiro has been trained in state of the art equipment such as Thermography, Doppler Ultrasound for vascular analysis which is an advanced method of determining blood volume and location of venous or arterial obstructions.
* Dr. Shapiro is a licensed Chiropractic Physician in the states of Florida and New York
Associations / Honors
* President Hillsborough County Chiropractic Society 3 terms
* Board of Directors Florida Chiropractic Association (Sole Representative from Hillsborough County 4 years)
* Named: "Who's Who Among American Colleges and Universities" 1977 - 78
* Past President and Treasurer Carrollwood Kiwanis Club
* Past President and Founding Member Carrollwood Area Business Association
Publications / Presentations
Dr. Shapiro has...
* Lectured Nationally on Insurance Relations and Communication to Physicians, Attorneys and Insurance Adjusters
* Served as statewide instructor in Insurance Claims Management to Insurance Company Adjusters
* Developed the "Shapiro Insurance System" - a training video program on insurance billing, coding and report writing for physicians
* Served as an instructor in an Insurance Adjuster Certification Program at Polk Community College
* Appeared on Tampa Bay Today on NBC in a 14 part Talk Show Series discussing exercise, healthcare, and avoiding injuries (especially during sports activities), among other timely subjects
* Was featured in the Tampa Tribune on Thermography Evaluation and on NBC TV on courtroom testimony in health cases (live broadcast)
If you have any questions about our Tampa Chiropractor, or would like to learn more about the services available at Carrollwood Chiropractic Center please call us at 813-962-3608 today!