Dr. Barry D. Shapiro is a Tampa chiropractor who serves Tampa and the surrounding communities in Florida.
Dr. Shapiro uses chiropractic care to improve the health and wellness in all areas of patient's lives, whether they are having problems with back pain or neck pain, or just want to start feeling better when they wake up in the morning. Dr. Shapiro takes a "whole person" approach in chiropractic care, which means looking for the underlying causes of disease, discomfort, and pain, as opposed to just treating the symptoms. Many seemingly unrelated symptoms often arise from imbalances in the spinal column, and Dr. Shapiro will be able to determine the root of the pain and create a personalized chiropractic and wellness plan to suit each patient's individual needs. Under the supervision and care of our caring and skilled chiropractor, patients report higher functioning in all areas of their lives.
* An accomplished Chiropractic Physician
* Initiated and developed a successful Chiropractic Center in the Carrollwood area of Tampa
* Recognized in the Chiropractic health field
* Selected to serve as a Regional Director in a statewide managed care network
* An experienced speaker, having discussed a variety of health care issues before State and National groups, as well as the media
* Exceptional training in modern healthcare, chiropractic techniques, especially in the care of a more athletic and nutritionally conscious society
1979 - Present as the director of the Carrollwood Chiropractic Center in Tampa Florida which provides total family care in the areas of spinal disorders, personal injury, sports injuries, on the job injuries, nutritional evaluation and care, fitness and rehabilitation.
1983 - Present Independent Medical Examination Provider.
1991 - 2002 Member of Florida Division of Worker's Compensation Peer Review Committee.
1998 - Present Director of Operations - Carrollwood Family Medical and Rehabilitation Center, Inc., a multi discipline medically integrated facility providing a wide range of services and professionals for the diverse medical needs of the public.
Education / Special Training
State University of New York Cortland New York 1973 - 1975 - Pre-Medical, Science Studies
New York Chiropractic College 1975 - 1978 - Doctor of Chiropractic Degree
National Chiropractic College / Florida Chiropractic Association - Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
National Chiropractic College - Certified in the Rating of Permanent Impairment based on the AMA Guides
Dr. Shapiro has been trained in state of the art equipment such as Thermography, Doppler Ultrasound for vascular analysis which is an advanced method of determining blood volume and location of venous or arterial obstructions.
* Dr. Shapiro is a licensed Chiropractic Physician in the states of Florida and New York
Associations / Honors
* President Hillsborough County Chiropractic Society 3 terms
* Board of Directors Florida Chiropractic Association (Sole Representative from Hillsborough County 4 years)
* Named: "Who's Who Among American Colleges and Universities" 1977 - 78
* Past President and Treasurer Carrollwood Kiwanis Club
* Past President and Founding Member Carrollwood Area Business Association
Publications / Presentations
* Lectures Nationally on Insurance Relations and Communication to Physicians
* Is a statewide instructor in Insurance Claims Management to Insurance Company Adjusters
* Developed the "Shapiro Insurance System" - a training video program on insurance billing and ccommunications
* Served as an instructor in an Insurance Adjuster Certification Program at Polk Community College
* Appeared on Tampa Bay Today on NBC in a 14 part Talk Show Series discussing exercise, healthcare, and avoiding injuries (especially during sports activities), among other timely subjects
* Was featured in the Tampa Tribune on Thermography Evaluation and on NBC TV on courtroom testimony in health cases (live broadcast)
If you have any questions about our Clinic Director, or would like to learn more about the services available at Carrollwood Family Medical and Rehabilitation Center please call us at 813-960-8866 today!